Kevin Hollinsky was convicted of dangerous driving after an alcohol-induced accident which caused the death of two passengers -- his best friends. He received an unusual and controversial sentence for the crime. In our show, we speak with Kevin's family, his friends' parents, the police, the trial judge and lawyers. They explain why Kevin was given an "alternative" sentence, and the impact that sentence has had on Kevin and the young people in his community.
California Drunk Driving Law Center
- guide to California's DUI/DWI laws, lectures, and legal research. Includes driver's and lawyer's guides and links. Created by attorney Lawrence Taylor.
California Drunk Driving
- Everything you need to know about first offender dui, drinking, driving and drugs.
National Commission Against Drunk Driving (NCADD)
- working to make driving impaired a socially unacceptable act.
DWI Victims Panel
- panel of volunteers whose lives have been dramatically altered by a drunk driver tell their stories to court-mandated offenders.
Century Council, The
- funded by American distillers to fight drunk driving and illegal underage drinking.
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
Church Council on Justice and Corrections
Intervention Instruction Inc.
- devoted to helping underage drinkers learn about the consequences of drinking and driving in a Virtual Party format
Ashley's Dream Foundation
- educational site established to educate others about the dangers of drunk driving. Provides college scholarships and grant monies to individuals and organizations.
Drunk Driving: An American Dilemma
James B. Jacobs Foreword by Franklin E. Zimring
Teens and Drunk Driving
Take Charge of Your Life: What to Do when Someone in Your Family Has a Drinking or Other Drug Problem
Intervention, how to Help Someone Who Doesn't Want Help
Vernon E. Johnson
Waging the Battle against Drunk Driving: Issues, Countermeasures, and Effectiveness
Gerald D. Robin